Whether here on leisure or on business you are assured of a warm welcome from the moment you arrive, with a complimentary tray of tea or coffee.
An Edwardian house built at the turn of the century, it provides 7 spacious en-suite bedrooms with stunning views of the surrounding Shropshire hills - we are an ideal location for pleasure or business. We offer a range of Guest House accommodation options ideal for singles, couples, families or groups of friends. For a romantic getaway we have a suite with a kingsize bed, a spa bath built for two and a separate sitting area. Our family suite has two bedrooms, a double bed in one room and twin beds in an interconnecting room with space for a small fold away guest bed for a third child if necessary, making it ideal for families with younger or older children.
- Separate Guest lounges with seating for up to 12 people
- Fully Licensed Residential Bar with seating for 8 people
- Mini-Bar Fridges in 6 bedrooms (Hamper Basket in the single room)packed with a variety of local produce (Wine, beer, nuts, chocolate, crisps etc.) and a jug of fresh milk
- Local fresh produce used and special diets catered for
- Packed lunches available
- Two pubs nearby in the village both with an good selection of local ales and excellent menu options
- Free Wireless Broadband access
- Car Parking for up to 8 cars
- Deafgard - to alert deaf and hard of hearing that the fire alarm is sounding
- Many excellent Walks from our door with stunning views from the Long Mynd.
- Maps and Guidebooks available in our lounge
- Road and Off-Road Cycling Routes over and around the Longmynd
- Drying Area and Storage Area for Clothing and Cycles (or Golf Clubs!)
- Use of an outside tap and hose for cleaning equipment
- Centrally located for many places of interest such as Acton Scott -working Victorian Farm museum, the World Heritage site of Ironbridge, with its numerous museums and Blists Hill a Victorian working village. Medieval Market towns, castles, abbeys gardens, vineyards and working farms, there is so much to do and see in this unspoilt corner of the country.
- Victorian Farm BBC 2 production crew were based here during filming 2008, and 2009 for the filming of Victorian Christmas shown Christmas 2009. Did you see us?
- Julia Bradbury TV presenter hosts the Wainwright walks stayed here March 2009
- BBC 2 "Escape in Time" presenter - Ben Fogle. Production crew and some of the families were based here during filming - starts spring 2010. Families try out some Victorian tasks as seen in "Victorian Farm" not too be missed!!!
Our aim is to provide High Quality Accommdation and Customer Service throughout to ensure that you enjoy your stay and have the best experience possible in Shropshire. We have received several awards and accollades which reflect our commitment to this. The Visit Britain 4 Star award reflects the Standard of facilities and Accommodation at Mynd House and the Silver Award is an accolade of exceptional levels of cleanliness and service which we provide. The Silver Servicemark has been awarded as recognition of our excellence in Customer Service. Visit Britain have also given us the Breakfast award, Walkers Welcome and Cyclists Welcome awards for our provision of facilities and services specific to guests needs when Walking and Cycling. To read more about the history of Mynd House click here